As a teacher, fall always becomes a time of new beginnings: meeting new students, planning new courses, and a time to engage a little differently than I have before.
As co-chair of the Cedar Falls Food Co-op membership committee, our awesome summer of growth makes me think about how fall can be a time of new beginnings for new members and commitments to re-engage with our long-time members.
With that, we want to invite you to engage with your co-op in a new way this month:
- We invite you to gather for community at our potluck on September 12th.
- We invite you to celebrate local food at our Fall Food Fest on September 26th.
- We invite you to invite a friend to either event!
- We invite you to schedule a coffee date (email@example.com) with our outreach coordinator to learn more about how you can help the co-op open our doors sooner!
- We invite you to share our events and posts on social media.
- We invite you to attend a committee meeting to see what we’re up to.
- We invite you to join our volunteer mailing list.
- We invite you to dance in the Rooty costume and have the time of your life.
- We invite you to tell one friend about why you joined the co-op. Personal conversations matter.
I am so proud of the community we are building together. This fall, I invite you to take one action to re-engage and help our efforts reach even more people. Happy Fall!